Monday, August 9, 2010

And.......scene!

In short, it's been one hell of a summer. Not in a totally bad way. Just a lot of big life changes. Some were expected, some came out of left field.


The Good:
My little family of just me & the 2 cats has a new addition. The boy. We all moved to Burlington last month. Yay! The new place is coming along quite nicely. We're both dorking out about the small stuff, like picking out shower curtains and stainless steel trash bins. For true. Once everything is a bit more in order, I'll post pictures.

Wedding planning is marching on smoothly. All the big pieces are in place. We even set up a cute website (www.LynnandDavid.net). Yep, we're THAT couple. I need to update it with more fun facts. But that will come at a later date.

Oh, and then there was THE CRUISE. I still have to write a complete blog about that. And by THE CRUISE, I of course mean, the NKOTB cruise. Yep, I'm that girl and I'm not ashamed. =)

The Not So Good:
My family had quite the wrench thrown into the mix in late May. I'm not going to get into it here, but it pretty much sent everyone into a tailspin. I've done my best to stay out of it, unless approached. It would be nice if things could get back to semi-normal at some point......

And it looks like I'm officially down a friend. Part of me is extremely pissed off, part of me doesn't care and part of me wants to save it. I don't know how it ended, or why really. Maybe the friendship just ran its course. It's been rocky for the past couple of years. People do grow & travel down different paths. But this doesn't feel right, for whatever reason. I suppose that's something I have to figure out on my own. It sucks though.

Even with the bumps in the road, this year has been quite fabulous. And it promises to end on a very high note. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment